Complaints and feedback
Please get in touch and tell us about your experience.
Making a complaint
You can get in touch in a number of ways. You can either:
- complete the online form
- print the complaint form and post it to:
PO Box 841
- print the complaint form and email it to
- write to or email us directly at the addresses listed above
- phone us at 0800 77 44 22 or 03 962 9073
If a representative or support person is making the complaint on your behalf please let us know and we will ensure that we have the correct authority to contact that person.
If you require assistance at any time in making your complaint please do not hesitate to contact our Complaints Investigator at (email@example.com), by phone 0800 77 44 22 or 03 962 9073.
What can we consider?
We can consider complaints about:
- the conduct of the people who handled your case
- the service that we gave you.
We cannot investigate:
- the correctness of any direction, decision or agreement made in your case
- or what occurs within a mediation - as this is a confidential process.
For many of the dispute schemes we run there are specific appeal options available through the Courts and Tribunals. Please refer to www.justice.govt.nz
If your complaint is referred to a dispute practitioner’s professional membership body, we will let you know. A referral will be considered for concerns raised regarding professional practice.
What happens when you make a complaint?
When we receive a complaint, we will:
- acknowledge it;
- consider it; and
- respond back to let you know the outcome.
We have a dedicated complaints team and complaints process. We aim to complete our complaints process and respond back to you within 15 working days, if not sooner.
We may not be able investigate your complaint while the dispute resolution process in progress. We will let you know if we need to wait to investigate your complaint. We may do this to ensure the independence of the dispute resolution process.