Zoom Online Meetings
Zoom is FairWay’s online meeting platform.
We will send you information on how to join your Zoom meeting.
Zoom is easy to use and can be downloaded in advance.
It is important you keep your Zoom applications up to date to avoid any security vulnerabilities.
FairWay's Zoom videoconference help page.
If you are attending a case conference or hearing by videoconference, FairWay will send you details to access the videoconference using Zoom.
Here are some tips and troubleshooting ideas to help make your Zoom meeting run smoothly.
What do I need to do to prepare for a Zoom meeting?
If this is your first Zoom meeting with us we recommend you download and install the Zoom app before your appointment.
- Windows OS users can install Zoom by clicking here - https://zoom.us/client/latest/ZoomInstaller.exe
- If you are using a mobile device you should go to the Play Store or App Store to download the Zoom Cloud Meetings App
- If you already have Zoom installed on your device, check you have the latest version installed as this will ensure you have the latest security and performance features. You can check your current version of the application by clicking on “Check for Updates” in the user menu.
You can test your internet connection by joining a test meeting here - https://zoom.us/test
We recommend that you check that the following are working:
Please also ensure that any battery operated devices are fully charged.
How do I join a meeting?
- Click on the meeting link provided in your letter
- Go to https://fairwayresolution.zoom.us - click ‘Join’ and enter your Meeting ID (also provided in your letter).
For more information, please watch the short video below:
What if I don’t have internet or can’t download an app?
If you are unable to attend the videoconference via the internet you can call into the meeting by dialing 0800 002 262 and entering the Meeting ID provided in your letter.
Why do I have to download an app?
The Zoom app is the easiest way to connect to the videoconference and provides the best quality of video and audio. The quality is dependent on the internet connection being used.
What will it cost me to attend via Zoom?
There is no charge to download or use Zoom.
Can I attend from home?
Zoom allows you to attend from anywhere with an internet connection. You should ensure you are in a quiet, private place and be aware of your background if using video.
What do I need in the way of equipment etc?
You need a device (PC, laptop, tablet, smartphone etc)
A camera, microphone and speakers (either inbuilt or connectable to device)A good internet connection. e.g. ASDL, VSDL, Fibre; 4G (3G can be used but should be tested first to ensure quality. You can test the quality here: https://zoom.us/test)
Are there any bandwidth requirements?
Generally, 1.2 to 1.5Mbps upload/download is recommended for an optimal experience.
If you want to check your network bandwidth, you can go to http://speedtest.net.
Will Zoom work on my device?
The Zoom app can be downloaded on a wide range of devices. For further information please click on the relevant link:
iOS and Android users
PC, Mac and Linux users
Can I access Zoom on my internet browser?
Zoom meetings can also be accessed through a variety of internet browsers:
- Internet Explorer 10 or higher
- Google Chrome 53.0.2785 or higher
- Safari 10.0.602.1.50 or higher
- Firefox 49.0 or higher.
Google Chrome is recommended by Zoom to give best meeting experience.
My camera isn’t working
Please ensure that the video function is enabled on your device. For further information, please visit