Online Dispute Resolution
Efficiently resolving disputes online, anytime and anywhere
Online dispute resolution (ODR) enables organisations to swiftly manage high volumes of disputes while providing a seamless complaints process to their customers.
It empowers customers to resolve issues online, anytime, anywhere with consistent delivery through proven technology.
As part of our exclusive partnership agreement with Tyler Technologies, Fair Way is the sole provider for Tyler’s Modria® online dispute resolution (ODR) software in New Zealand.
Modria is the world’s most successful online dispute resolution (ODR) platform. The platform can handle all manner and volume of disputes types, from simple issues to more complex cases.
Fair Way’s expert team assists organisations to design and implement automated online resolution pathways that are customised to the needs of their customers. Using these pathways, the Modria platform can triage and channel disputes through the appropriate channels and processes to achieve an efficient resolution.
Fair Way also provides the services of experienced mediators, adjudicators and arbitrators for disputes that require an independent intervention.
As an online platform, Modria is easy for both staff and customers to access. Modria can integrate seamlessly with both the front end and back end of your technology architecture or can be established as a standalone platform. Together, Fair Way and Tyler provide full support for the design and implementation of the platform within organisations, as well as ongoing technical support.
Why use online dispute resolution?
With more and more transactions occurring online, there is a greater expectation from customers that disputes can be resolved through online capability.
Online dispute resolution is a cost-efficient and timely way to resolve disputes.
With a focus on early resolution and relationships, online dispute resolution provides your customers with a seamless complaints process.
The Modria platform has handled more than a million cases around the world, and is proven to provide benefits for your business and customers.
- Significantly improves resolution timeframes
- Reduces case backlogs quickly
- Resolves high volume, low value cases swiftly
- Reduces the need for legal intervention
- Decreases costs
- Reduces calls and emails to your team
- Streamlines administrative tasks and processes
- Frees up resources to focus on more complex cases
- Tracks dispute activity on an aggregate or case by case basis.
- Empowers customers to resolve their own disputes
- Faster time to resolution
- Simple and intuitive online process
- Instant access anytime and anywhere
- Lower cost than legal alternatives
- Provides easy access to independent mediators, adjudicators and arbitrators to cases as needed.
Fair Way is the sole provider of Tyler’s Modria® online dispute resolution (ODR) software in New Zealand.
How it works
Modria enables organisations to swiftly manage high volumes of disputes while providing a seamless complaints process to their customers.
Fair Way’s expert team assists organisations to design and implement automated resolution pathways that are customised to the needs of their customers.
Modria then automatically triages and channels expressions of dissatisfaction through the appropriate channels and processes to achieve an efficient resolution.
Where additional intervention is needed, Fair Way can also provide the services of experienced mediators, adjudicators and arbitrators for disputes that require an independent intervention. The system is fully customisable based on each organisation’s needs and processes.
Here is an example of a high-level process:
1. Triage the issue through technology
Customers are easily guided through the process of making a complaint and attaching relevant information. They are provided with information about the process, timeframes and what they can expect.
Modria triages the information received and automatically channels it through to the appropriate channels, including facilitating an automated resolution (where appropriate) based on your organisation’s own rules.
2. Enable online negotiation between parties
Modria facilitates constructive online negotiation between the parties. Parties can upload relevant documentation at any time during the negotiation process and parties can make, accept, or reject offers as well as draft and accept agreement terms.
3. Provide access to mediator
For disputes that require an independent intervention, Modria assigns an experienced Fair Way mediator. Parties can communicate jointly or privately with a mediator if needed; parties can request mediators from within the platform; and the mediator can easily come up to speed with the dispute and track the dispute from initiation to closure.
4. Make a decision
For disputes that cannot be resolved mutually, Fair Way will appoint an independent adjudicator or arbitrator to make a decision on the matter. Within the platform, Modria will refer the dispute for determination, send automatic notifications to all parties and keep parties informed during the decision-making process.
Industry leading support
As industry leaders, you can trust that we have the expertise and capability to establish online dispute resolution services for your organisation.
- Fair Way Resolution Limited is New Zealand’s largest specialist conflict management and dispute resolution organisation. Fair Way is an independent, employee-owned company and each year they assist over 14,000 people in conflict to move forward. Fair Way offer a range services, including mediation, adjudication and specialist coaching to help people to prevent and resolve complaints, disputes and disagreements in both the public and private sectors. Fair Way have extensive experience in dispute resolution and conflict management across a wide range of sectors from financial services, insurance and telecommunications to education, local government, construction and family.
- The founders of Modria built the ODR systems at eBay and PayPal that process 60 million disputes per year, 90 percent of which are resolved through automation. Dispute resolution firms all over the world are using Modria, including American Arbitration Association in the U.S., CEDR in the U.K., and Singapore Mediation Center. Existing Modria clients include local government agencies, Courts, airlines, e-commerce providers and private businesses in US, UK, Canada and beyond.
- Tyler Technologies is a leading provider of end-to-end information management solutions and services for local governments. Tyler partners with clients to empower the public sector - cities, counties, schools and other government entities - to become more efficient, more accessible and more responsive to the needs of their constituents. Tyler's client base includes more than 15,000 local government offices in all 50 states, Canada, the Caribbean, Australia, and other international locations. In 2017, Forbes ranked Tyler on its "Most Innovative Growth Companies" list, and Fortune included Tyler on its "100 Fastest-Growing Companies" list. More information about Tyler Technologies, headquartered in Plano, Texas, can be found at www.tylertech.com.
Want to know more?
For more information or to arrange a demonstration, please email email@example.com or phone 0800 77 44 22.